High School Girls Tour

Total No.of Participants :60

No.of Vehicles                     :Bus & Winger Van

      We started from our school at 8.30 p.m.On Thurday, the 19th January, 2012.

     At 4:20 a.m on Friday, the 20th January, 2012, we reached “Kumaradhara river;  We brushed our teeth and just washed the facer then at 5.30 a.m we proceeded to Kuke subramania Temple. We had to wait till 6.30 a.m Pooja starts at 6.30 a.m only.  It is a small temple with insufficient lighting facility.

    We left kukeSubramania temple at 7.05 a.m. and halted at Okada, a small village for the breakfast. There is only one small hotel, which does not have facilities for more than 10 people. So we decided to proceed to Nethravathi /Dharmasthala for breakfast.

We reached Dharmasthala at 8.35 a.m.  We had our breakfast .  We had our bath at Gangothri Guest House and we had to pay for it.  At 10.45 a.m we visited Dharmasthala Temple.  They allowed us to go inside the temple through a special gate, without standing in the queue.  At 11.40 a.m we had our lunch-Rice, Sambar, Palya and Butter milk.  Table and chair are provided for the aged people.  We came out of the dining hall through the special exit.  On the way back children and staff, except some, sprinkled the Nethravathi water on their heads the water was very polluted.

    On our way to shringeri, we had to replace a tube for the bus tyre. Nearly 45 minutes were spent for that.

    We arrived at Shringeri at 3.45 p.m There Chaitra of std IX attained puberty. So Miss Sujatha, Kannada Teacher, took her back to Bangalore by Omni-bus along with 4 other girls who were not doing well.  We left Shringeri at 5.45 p.m.

    We reached Horanadu at 8:30 p.m . We had free dinner and free lodging.  We all had to sleep in a very big community doomitory in which about 300 people are allowed to sleep.

    On 21st January, 2012 (Saturday), we got up at 4.30 a.m.  We had morning dharshan at 6.15 a.m.  We had free breakfast at 7.15 a.m .  We left Horanadu at 8.30.,  We reached Belur by 12:15 p.m because the bus driver, Venkatesh, took the wrong roads on three occasions.  After visiting the age old temple at Belur, we had lunch at 2:00 p.m.

   We left for Halabeedu by 2:35 p.m and reached there at 3:10 p.m .  We visited the temple and at 3:45 p.m. we left Halabeedu .  On the way we had Badam Milk at Hassan. At 4:45 p.m. Beverage was served in disposable tumblers in the vehicles.

   We reached Yediyur at 7:45 p.m.   After quick dharshan, We finished our dinner.  We left Yediyur at 9:00 p.m and reached our School at 0:15 a.m. on Saturday, the 22nd January, 2012 safely.

   On behalf of the Participants I express my heartfelt gratitude to honourable Guruji, for having provided this opportunity.

S.Selvaraj Moses